We have authored numerous articles and presentations and have made several available online, as a service to the clinical community.
- Interview with Adam Farkas, MD, MBA and Paul Farkas, M.S., O.D., F.A.A.O by Michelle Boyles Associate Editor of the Review of Optometry, April 15, 2004 an analysis and opinion on the topic, "1 800 Acquires a Lens Manufacturer."
- Minimizing No-Shows by Paul Farkas, M.S., O.D., F.A.A.O, Optometric Management, March 2004.
- "Contact Lenses and the Internet" by Adam W Farkas, M.D., M.B.A, Review of Contact Lenses, November 2003.
- Helpful Web Sites for ODs (A critique of PatientWire) by Anthony Diecidue, OD, MS, Review of Optometry, November 15, 2003.
Patient Relationship Management &
The Internet: Risk and Rewards.
A seven part lecture, in video format, that was originally presented by Dr. Adam Farkas at the American Academy of Optometry ACADEMY 2002 Meeting in San Diego, on December 14th, 2002.
- A New Way to Connect with Upstart O.D.s by Michelle Boyles (Assistant Editor), Review of Optometry, April 2002.
"No Shows" and Selected Solutions.
An article by Dr. Paul Farkas for seniordoc.org in February 2002. No-shows can have a serious impact on the bottom-line of any practice. This article discusses the causes of no-shows, and offers several potential solutions.
Posed by Refracting Opticians.
An article by Dr. Paul Farkas for seniordoc.org in February 2002. Opticians in the United States are lobbying for the right to refract. What would the consequence of this right be for optometrists? How would the optometric field change as a consequence?
Valuation of a Practice.
An article by Dr. Paul Farkas for seniordoc.org in March 2001. One of the most difficult tasks when buying or selling a practice is determining a "fair price". This article discusses several methodologies for determining reasonable sale prices.
Retirement Issues: Are you really ready for retirement?
An article from the October 2000 issue of Optometric Management by Paul Farkas, MS, OD, FAAO. The article deals with the pitfalls of retirement, and provides suggestions for avoiding common problems.